MIT Center for Art, Science & Technology
The Center for Art, Science & Technology (MIT CAST) facilitates and creates opportunities for exchange and collaboration among artists, engineers, and scientists. A joint initiative of the Office of the Provost, the School of Architecture and Planning (SA+P) and School of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences (SHASS), the Center is committed to fostering a culture where the arts, science and technology thrive as interrelated, mutually informing modes of exploration, knowledge and discovery.
CAST’s activities include:
• soliciting and supporting cross-disciplinary curricular initiatives that integrate the arts into the core curriculum and create new artistic work or materials, media and technologies for artistic expression
• spearheading a Visiting Artists program that emphasizes creative process, extensive interaction with MIT faculty, students and researchers, and cross-fertilization among disciplines
• assisting in the presentation and curation of performing and visual arts or design relevant to the research of engineers, scientists, and the MIT community as a whole
• disseminating the creative and intellectual production supported by the Center to the public through performances, exhibitions, installations, and a biennial symposium
• supporting graduate students and postdoctoral researchers whose work advances the mission of the Center