Time: Wednesdays from 5:30-8:00pm, September 19 – December 12, 2018*
Location: 2D Studio (W20-425)
Instructor: Nicole Tariverdian
“The object of art is not to reproduce reality, but to create a reality of the same intensity.” Alberto Giacometti
This class is designed to accommodate intermediate students and will provide and an opportunity to sharpen and build on basic painting skills while furthering the students’ conceptual development. Students will be encouraged to experiment with different painting surfaces and paint types, as well and to stretch their own canvases (a demo will be given) and to expand their color palette. Relevant artists will be recommended on a student by student basis for inspiration. Casual group critiques may be scheduled during the semester, as they are important to both personal growth and to fostering a creative community!
Note: It is recommended to first take the intro painting class or to have previous experience with painting of some type. However, the intermediate class can be tailored for a beginner student if needed. Please email Nicole for more details.
- Canvas or painting surface (larger than 14” x 14”)
- Walnut Alkyd Medium (NO TURPENTINE OR SOLVENTS)
- Oil container (small glass jar with a lid)
- Brushes (a few different shapes and sizes, this is personal preference)
- Paint: with these colors you will be able to mix just about anything! Alizarine Crimson, Cadmium Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Cadmium Red, Cerulean Blue, Ultramarine, Viridian Green, Titanium White (large tube), and Magenta.
- Palette box with a palette
- Palette knife
*There is no class November 21.
September 19, 2018 - October 31, 2018
5:30 pm - 8:00 pm