Day/Time: 10 Wednesdays starting September 22, 4:30-7:00pm
There is no class November 23.
Location: SAA 2D Studio (W20-425)
Instructor: Nancy Hart
“A drawing is simply a line going for a walk.” – Paul Klee
Drawing is simply mark-making; each student’s confidence will grow through expanded exercises, techniques, and materials. With practice each student will strengthen their skill set to address the idea of drawing in the 21st Century. Each class will begin with an introduction and display of drawings from traditional to postmodern.
- Compressed charcoal
- Conté crayons
- Pencils (H, F, HB, 3B, 6B)
- Some erasers (gum and/or kneaded)
- Large drawing paper pad (18 “x 24” http://www.dickblick.com/items/10316-1009/)
- Small sketchbook to carry for daily use (at least 5” x 7”, any shape you like!)
- Ink (1, black, blue, or brown)
- Brushes (an assortment)
- 2 paper pads / different sizes and textures. (Not newsprint)
- 2 Charcoal (1 black/grey and 1 white)
- Liquid watercolors (2 colors, of student’s choosing)
All supplies can be purchased at Dick Blick and Artists or Craftsman Art Supply located in Central Square (619 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge), about a half-mile from the SAA.
September 22, 2021 - December 18, 2021
4:30 pm - 11:55 pm