“A drawing is simply a line going for a walk.” – Paul Klee
Drawing is a skill which can be learned and fostered. Anyone can learn to draw or improve their abilities with practice!
During this 10 week period, each student’s’ skill set will grow through practicing a variety of drawing techniques and exercises. An assortment of materials will be used including pencil (graphite), charcoal, oil pastel, conte crayon, ink and a collection of papers. Students will be encouraged to keep a small sketchbook outside of class, to support the skills learned during studio time.
In the later spring, when the weather allows, class will be held outside. Drawing outdoors teaches students to observe and capture the life and motion of the city around them.
– Compressed charcoal
– Conté crayons
– Pencils (H, F, HB, 3B, 6B)
– Some erasers (gum and or kneaded)
– Large drawing paper pad (18 “x 24” http://www.dickblick.com/items/10316-1009/)
– Small sketchbook to carry for daily use (5” x 7”, or any shape and size you like!)
This class is full. To register for the waitlist, please click the ‘Register Now’ button below.
- February 21, 2017 - May 9, 2017