Day/Time: 10 Tuesdays starting February 18, 5:30-8:00pm
Location: SAA 2D Studio (W20-425)
Instructor: Nicole Tariverdian
“A drawing is simply a line going for a walk.” – Paul Klee
Drawing is a skill which can be learned and fostered. Anyone can learn to draw or improve their abilities with practice!
During this 10 week period, each student’s skill set will grow through practicing a variety of drawing techniques and exercises. An assortment of materials will be used including pencil (graphite), charcoal, conte crayon, and ink. Students will be encouraged to keep a small sketchbook outside of class, to support the skills learned during studio time.
In the later part of the Spring, if the weather allows, class will be held outside. Drawing outdoors teaches students to observe and capture the life and motion of the city around them.
– Compressed charcoal
– Conté crayons
– Pencils (H, F, HB, 3B, 6B)
– Some erasers (gum and/or kneaded)
– Large drawing paper pad (18 “x 24” http://www.dickblick.com/items/10316-1009/)
– Small sketchbook to carry for daily use (5” x 7”, or any shape and size you like!)
- February 18, 2020 - May 9, 2020
5:30 pm - 11:55 pm