“The object of art is not to reproduce reality, but to create a reality of the same intensity.” ~Alberto Giacometti
This class is designed for intermediate students. It will provide and an opportunity to sharpen basic painting skills while furthering students’ conceptual knowledge and experience with materials. Students will be encouraged to experiment with different painting surfaces and paint types, as well as to expand their color palette. Students will be encouraged to look at relevant artists as inspiration. Casual group critiques may be scheduled during the semester, as they are important to both personal growth and to fostering a creative community within our class!
Note: It is recommended to first take the intro classes. However the intermediate class can be tailored for a beginner student when needed! Please email Nicole for more details about this.
- Canvas (larger than 14” x 14”)
- Walnut oil or another equivalent (NO TURPENTINE OR SOLVENTS)
- Glass container with lid for oil (small glass jar or something of this nature)
- Brushes (a few different shapes and sizes, this is personal preference)
- Palette box with a palette
- Paint: with these colors you will be able to mix just about anything! Alizarine Crimson, Cadmium Yellow, Yellow Ocher, Cadmium Red, Cerulean Blue, Ultramarine, Titanium White (large tube), and Magenta, Viridian Green
- Palette knife
June 20, 2018 - June 30, 2018
5:30 pm - 8:00 pm