Day/Time: 8 Fridays starting June 24, 4:00-6:30pm
Location: SAA 2D Studio (W20-425)
Instructor: Timothy Lee
This course provides an introduction to the fundamentals and processes of oil painting. Through a series of exercises and individually-led projects of interest, students will address the conceptual problems that will allow them to develop an understanding of the power of images in conveying ideas and modes of expression. Students will be exposed to the principles of color theory, mark-making, and textural applications that will provide them with the tools to navigate their own methods of exploration and investigation of the medium.
- Walnut Oil
- Silicoil Brush Cleaning Jar
- Brushes (choose a selection of different sizes and tips)
- Palette knife
- Palette box with palette
- Rag cloths (old/throwaway cotton shirts are great for this purpose)
- 2H pencil
- Paints: Titanium White, Ivory Black, Cadmium Red Deep, Cadmium Yellow Deep, Pthalo Green (or alternatively Hooker’s Green), Yellow Ochre, Burnt Umber, Prussian Blue
- Support: 2 canvases sized approximately 14 x 16 (as the class progresses students will purchase more canvases at special sizes suited to fit their project)
Materials can be purchased at Artist & Craftsman Supply and Blick Art, both in Central Square.
June 24, 2022 - August 20, 2022
4:00 pm - 11:55 pm