“If I could say it in words there would be no reason to paint ”- Edward Hopper
This class is designed to accommodate intermediate students (beginners are always welcome, of course), and will provide and an opportunity to sharpen basic skills while furthering students’ conceptual knowledge and experience with materials. Students will be encouraged to experiment with new painting surfaces and materials, as well as to expand their palette. Relevant artists will be looked to as inspiration. Casual group critiques may be scheduled during the semester, as they are important to both personal growth and to fostering a creative community within our class!
Note: It is recommended to first take the intro classes, but this class can be tailored for a beginner student if needed! Please email Nicole for more details.
- Canvas (larger than 14” x 14”)
- Linseed oil or another equivalent (NO TURPENTINE OR SOLVENTS)
- Oil container (small glass jar or something of this nature)
- Brushes (a few different shapes and sizes, this is personal preference)
- Palette box, palette knife and palette
- Paint: with these colors you will be able to mix just about anything! Alizarine Crimson, Cadmium Yellow, Yellow Ocher, Cadmium Red, Cerulean Blue, Ultramarine, Titanium White (large tube), Magenta.
This class runs every Tuesday from 8-10:30pm in the 2D studio and is taught by Nicole Tariverdian.
June 14, 2016 - August 19, 2016
8:00 pm - 10:30 pm