Day/Time: 4 Wednesdays starting January 12, 4:30-7:00pm (Please note later start date)
Location: SAA 2D Studio (W20-425)
Instructor: Nancy Hart
This four-week painting intensive begins with a simplified drawing—no need for expertise—of a subject of the student’s choosing. The under-drawing guides the painting; the fast-drying acrylic paint allows the works to be completed within the duration of course.
Any level of experience is welcome; all participants will complete a number of works, including one on canvas and several on paper. Practice your intuitive artistry while working with expansive ideation, and enjoy an insightful and modern historical overview with instructor artist Nancy Hart.
Materials you will need to bring to the first class:
- Acrylics in primary colors: Yellow (chrome or cadmium-free), Blue (cerulean or cobalt), and Red (primary or cadmium-free)
- Acrylics in Black and White
- Optional Acrylics: Burnt Sienna, Burnt Umber, Sap Green
- Four brushes: Filbert, Bright, Flat, Round (Optional 1 1/2″)
- Watercolor pad, minimum of 9 1/2 x 13″
- Bristol, mixed media, or any heavy paper pad (any size)
- Canvas 18 x 12″ notepad
- Pencils: #2, HB, #7, and/or mechanical pencils
- Ball-point or black pen
- Assorted Color Pilot pens, pencils, markers
- 1-2 printed images that you may consider painting
January 5, 2022 - January 26, 2022
8:00 pm - 10:30 pm
We're sorry, but all tickets sales have ended because the event is expired.