Day/Time: 8 Wednesdays starting June 26, 5:30-8:00pm*
*Please note the new start date for this class.
Location: SAA 2D Studio (W20-425)
Instructor: Nicole Tariverdian
“The object of art is not to reproduce reality, but to create a reality of the same intensity.” Alberto Giacometti
This class is designed to accommodate intermediate students. It will provide and an opportunity to sharpen basic painting skills while furthering the students’ conceptual knowledge and experience with materials. Students will be encouraged to experiment with different painting surfaces and paint types, as well as to expand their color palette. Students will be encouraged to look at relevant artists as inspiration. Casual group critiques may be scheduled during the semester, as they are important to both personal growth and to fostering a creative community within our class!
Note: It is recommended to first take the intro painting class or to have previous experience with painting of some type. However, the intermediate class can be tailored for a beginner student if needed. Please email Nicole for more details.
Art supplies can be purchased online or at Artist & Craftsman or Blick Art, both in Central Square.
- Canvas (larger than 14” x 14”)
- Walnut Alkyd Medium or equivalent (NO TURPENTINE OR SOLVENTS)
- Oil container (small glass jar with a lid)
- Brushes (a few different shapes and sizes, this is personal preference)
- Paint: with these colors you will be able to mix just about anything! Alizarine Crimson, Cadmium Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Cadmium Red, Cerulean Blue, Ultramarine, Viridian Green, Titanium White (large tube), and Magenta.
- Palette box with a palette
- Palette knife
June 19, 2019 - August 24, 2019
5:30 pm - 11:55 pm