Benefits of Membership
Open to MIT freshmen, sophomores, juniors, seniors, master’s and PhD students, members enjoy:
- MIT-sponsored excursions to local shows, exhibits and lectures
- Funds for tickets to exhibitions for off-site student research
- Guest passes for a current scholar to host an Arts Scholars candidate to an exhibition or event
- A lasting arts community that acts as a touchstone for MIT graduates
Additionally, Arts Scholars have access to mentoring from pre-professional and professional artists. With the assistance of the Manager of Student Arts Programs, an Arts Scholars member can request a meeting with an artist in their field of interest. Meetings are arranged with an accompanying visit to either the studio or exhibit in the chosen field. Mentorship opportunities help Arts Scholars members gain a better understanding of the field through discussions and experiences with working artists and experts.
The Arts Scholars program is supported by the Council for the Arts at MIT.
Arts Scholars Application Process
To apply, candidates must:
- Fill out an online application form
- Interview with the Manager of Student Art Programs, current Art Scholars, MIT faculty and staff, and/or members of the Council for the Arts at MIT
Please email Shannon Rose McAuliffe if you have interest in joining Arts Scholars!
For more information contact:
Shannon Rose McAuliffe
Manager of Student Arts Programs