Benefits of Membership
MIT undergraduate students* (first years, sophomores, juniors, and seniors) enrolled in any course of study are invited to apply for a one-year appointment to the Arts Scholars Program.
- MIT-sponsored excursions to local shows, exhibits and lectures
- Guest passes for a current Scholar to bring a prospective Arts Scholars member to an exhibition or event
- Opportunities to apply for funding to support peer-led arts activities, arts-related professional development, and full-tuition waivers for classes in the MIT Student Art Association.
- A lasting arts community that acts as a touchstone for MIT alumni
The Arts Scholars program is supported by the Council for the Arts at MIT.
* Graduate students are invited to join the Grad Arts Forum; contact Shannon Rose for more information.
About the Application Process
To apply for membership for the 2022-23 academic year:
- Fill out the application form before the deadline. The deadline will be announced and the application form will be available in early fall 2022. To be notified, subscribe to the Arts at MIT newsletter.
- Interview with the Manager of Student Art Programs, current Art Scholars, MIT faculty and staff, and/or members of the Council for the Arts at MIT