Benefits of Membership
MIT undergraduate students* (first years, sophomores, juniors, and seniors) enrolled in any course of study are invited to apply for a one-year appointment to the Arts Scholars Program.
- MIT-sponsored excursions to local shows, exhibits and lectures
- Guest passes for a current Scholar to bring a prospective Arts Scholars member to an exhibition or event
- Opportunities to apply for funding to support peer-led arts activities, arts-related professional development, and full-tuition wavers for classes in the MIT Student Art Association.
- A lasting arts community that acts as a touchstone for MIT alumni
The Arts Scholars program is supported by the Council for the Arts at MIT.
* Graduate students are invited to join the Grad Arts Forum; contact Shannon Rose for more information.
About the Application Process
To apply for membership for the 2021-22 academic year:
- Fill out the below application form by Sunday, October 3, 2021
- Interview with the Manager of Student Art Programs, current Art Scholars, MIT faculty and staff, and/or members of the Council for the Arts at MIT